Post Date: September 09, 2013
I love DC, but commuting can be a real bitch sometimes. Here are the things about the metro that drive DC residents and commuters crazy:
1. People who walk slow on the escalators when you’re in a hurry.
2. When you are on your way to work (or anywhere for that matter) and you see this sign:
3. When you are forced to use the metro on a holiday or after a large event and it looks like this:
4. People who bring bikes on the car and do this:
5. Pole-leaners. *shudder*
6. People who don’t put enough money on their SmartTrip or deactivate it and cause a line during rush hour.
7. Drunk people coming home from the bar/club, when they do things like this:
Although sometimes this can be amusing.
8. Couples on crowded trains who do this:
9. People who travel with things like this:
Seriously, what is that?
10. When this happens:
11. Sometimes there are idiots who decide to do things like this:
You might as well call out of work now and find a good place to sit because you’re never getting out of that station.
Essentially, taking the metro makes me feel like this sometimes:
All images taken from Google.
Editor’s note: if we had a “What’s Not Hot in DC Nightlife” category this would go there. The only hot thing about the metro is waiting on the platform in the summer.