Survival Guide for Boys Trying to Get Girls at Nightclubs
Boys Who Like Girls
For those of you who have not seen the 2006 film The Boys & Girls Guide to Getting Down…well, you should. It is a tongue-in-cheek look at 20-something singles clubbing and partying in L.A.; the story of a single night when groups of friends go out, drink alcohol, dance and talk, and look for someone to go home with.
Dangers, minor and major, await those who don’t plan well or behave foolishly, and the rewards, even for those who plan well, are few. But the species’ survival may depend on these rituals.
Here are a few tips to help avoid the failed pick-up at the nightclub, or at least ensure not getting beat up by a chick. Not necessarily from the movie, but in the same spirit of the movie.
- Don’t try to pick up the bartender. She’s busy. If you must pick her up, only try it either very early or very late if she gave you a sign that she would even give you the time of day.
- Don’t think that by buying a girl a drink that they are going to stick around, you will be just another guy buying them a drink, and they don’t owe you anything.
- Don’t get smashed or too drunk. A girl will most likely think you are a creep if you approach them slurring your words or falling over yourself.
- If the girl rejects you don’t just stand there, keep dancing and move onto someone else quic kly.
- Don’t go for a girl with a large group of girlfriends because she may turn you down in front of them to show off or because she doesn’t want to be the only one dancing.
- Beware of boyfriends. They may be lurking around the corner waiting to beat you up.
- Biggest turn off is bad breath, and most guys have it. Always bring gum, mints, and don’t smoke.
- If you start to dance with a girl and she doesn’t move to the music or move at all, she is not interested in you- move on.
- Approach with humor. However, if you choose to use the funny approach be sure that your jokes are actually funny.
- Be cautious, don’t pinch or otherwise make fast and childish grabs at her. Play it safe and follow her lead until you’re perfectly clear on what she wants.
These tips won’t guarantee a off from sleeping alone on your superman sheets and your parents house, but it’s a step in the right direction.