- Venue Type: Bar / Lounge
- Estimated Size: 400 people
- Amenities: “Mobile Kitchen” Happy Hour, Valet, Bottle Service, Patio
- Cover Charge: $0-20 (no cover on weekends)
- Hours: Tue – Thu: 5 pm – 2 am | Fri – Sat: 10 pm – 3 am | Sun: 10 pm – 2 am
- Dress Code: Dress to Impress (no baggy clothes, shorts, boots, athletic wear, flip flops)
- Age Requirement: 21+
- Location: K Street
- Address: 1301 K Street, Suite 103, Washington, DC 20005 | (202) 962-3933
- Website: capitaleofdc.com
- Atmosphere: Refined, cool, and elegant.
From the team behind Public Bar, Capitale is a hybrid bar, lounge, and nightclub that boasts a grandiose interior, free admission on weekends, and one-of-a-kind happy hour. Located in place of the former K Street Lounge, Capitale seeks to deliver an inviting, unique, and exciting nightlife experience to DC.
There’s really no better way to describe Capitale’s ornate interior than saying it’s the byproduct of a Hollywood/Ancient Greece love affair set at Hogwarts. Featuring four massive bronze columns, snazzy chandeliers, floor-to-ceiling bookshelves, and tons of refurbished throwback furniture, the Capitale makes no attempt to conceal its opulence. Also with a 40 foot wooden bar, four 55″ TVs, and a raised platform for girls to dance, Capitale is like SAX Lounge’s stylish, freewheeling little sister – both of which were designed by O’Neill Studios.
Perhaps Capitale’s most distinct feature is its “mobile kitchen” happy hour concept. Through its partnership with the DC Food Truck Association, Capitale invites some of the city’s best food trucks to park directly outside the venue between the hours of 5-9 pm. Customers are encouraged to bring food they purchase from these trucks inside the venue or dine outside on the patio, pairing meals with the in-house drink menu.
- Happy Hour: “Mobile Kitchen” Happy Hour featuring DC Food Trucks outside venue
- Tuesday: Tuesdays at Capitale by DT Nation – Hip-hop, R&B, Top 40s
- Thursday: College Party
- Friday: Open Format – top 40/pop-house/mash up/hip-hop
- Saturday: Open Format – top 40/pop-house/mash up/hip-hop
- Sunday: SUNDAE at Capitale – hip hop
Latest Updates from Capitale
What do YOU think?
How was your experience with Capitale? Share your feedback below!
The owners of these venues often read and reply. Your thoughts will be taken seriously if they are honest and constructive. If you had a bad experience, explain what could be improved. If you had a great time, explain what made it great.
Feedback that does not fit within these guidelines will not be approved.