- Venue Type: Restaurant/Lounge, more specifically: a Meat & Raw Bar Social House
- Amenities: Full menu, full bar, private events, Sunday brunch
- Tuesday -Friday : 4:00PM to 1:30am
- Saturday-Sunday: 11:30AM to 1:30am
- Dress Code: Dressy Casual
- Location: Dupont Circle
- Address: 1337 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
- Contact: 202.827.8980
- Website: www.thegryphondc.com
Created by the founders of Lost Society, a swanky steakhouse on 14th and U, The Gryphon promises a new take on socializing and eating. “Just as Lost Society changed the traditional perception of a steakhouse, the Gryphon is designed to change the perception of dining with friends, family and neighbors. ” (from thegryphondc.com)
A self-proclaimed “Social House”, it offers a menu specializing in finely cooked meats and one of DC’s best raw bars. And, as far as nightlife goes, they also offer a wide variety of specialy cocktails and wines in addition to a full bar.
If you want a night to sit back, relax, and enjoy a few high quality drinks with the company of good friends in a comfortable yet modernly stylish atmosphere, The Gryphon is definitely the place for you.
Images courtesy of thegryphondc.com and yelp.com.